Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for all the well wishes and holiday wishes!

Our Christmas was wonderful! Low key and simple. This was the first Christmas since we have been married that we were able to stay home and not worry about getting to see all our family, grandparents, etc. I must say that the holiday seemed a lot more simple without those concerns. We had a nice Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve with my family. We opened gifts, which made Hannah very excited. This is the first year she has been into opening presents, and she was REALLY into it! My Dad gave Hannah and Spencer little play laptops and they were a big hit. So big in fact that Christmas morning at our house Spencer would have nothing to do with opening any gifts because he just wanted to play with the laptop. :) Hannah was also really into Santa this year. Christmas morning she came out and just sat staring at the tree. Then I heard her whisper, "He came!". So cute. Christmas we visited with family and enjoyed spending time visiting with those we love.

Recovery is coming along nicely. I am being patient and feel a great deal of gratitiude for so many hands that help me. I finally feel like I can say that I am beginning to feel better. Keven pointed out that I can talk without getting out of breathe. He also says he can tell I have more energy because I am more fiesty. :) My sister-in-law, Jamie, pointed out that I am walking faster. I notice that I have more energy to move around my house and don't tire as easily as I used to. I even felt well enough yesterday that I convinced my sister-in-laws, Jamie & Whitney, to take me to Target. I really wanted to get a few things in my home and had already tried explaining to Keven what I wanted, but what he came home with was always far from the picture in my mind. Now, I hope I don't sound like jerk. I feel like I have been decently patient with having everyone else pick stuff out for me. But I really wanted to pick out a few things so my sweet sister-in-laws pushed me around Target in a wheelchair and helped me out. Doing that took all my energy. We came home and I couldn't do anything all night because I was so tired! SO....... I will probably avoid that activity for awhile, but sure appreciate my sister-in-laws help!

No comments: