Thursday, December 2, 2010

"The Morning After"



Day 2:
After a lengthy evening of...well...nothing...the most ex
citing thing that happened was that Car

y had the breathing tube removed, around
9:30. She was READY to have it out about 8:00...but the doctor's said no. Turns out that Propopyl, one of the sedatives that Cary was getting weaned off of, is the same medication that killed Michael Jackson. Something about w
hen you are on it you forget to breath or something. Oops!! So they wanted to make sure that Cary was awake enough to remember to breathe before they took out the breathing tube. Anyways, after that happened, I was asked to leave so Cary could get some rest.

Side note, I went to an awesome little restaurant called the Canadian Honker for dinner. Thanks Shields family for the suggestion an
d for the coughing pillow! Cary's been huggi
ng it close.

Then today, Cary has been very sleepy, but she got out of bed and sat in a chair for about 3 hours in the ICU. After that, they sent us down to the "step-down" room...the next step before we get discharged. She's doing great. A little sick to her stomach, very thirsty (she's had more soda than I have had today!), tired and weak
but everyone says she's doing very well. We've had visits today from Dr. Dearani (the Cardiov
ascular Surgeon), Dr. Cetta (the Cardiologist), Dr. Cannon (The pace maker guy) and a host of other guys.

Right now Cary is eating dinner. Not eating s
o much as slurping broth. They have as many flavors of broth as I have hands!!! Chicken AND Beef!

Anyways, I'm bored writing and I'm sure you're bored reading. Here's a little love from Cary...ENJOY!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Cary and Keven, I had no idea all of this was going on! What horrible timing with your house. As if the house situation isn't stressfull enough! So glad the surgery was a sucess! We will certainly keep you in our prayers and please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

-Rachel and Brady Haider

Emily said...

Wow, she looks great! I don't know if she feels it, but she looks it. I am glad that things went well. You are in our prayers!

Alisa said...

Cary, you are SUPERWOMAN! I new this surgery was coming up and you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I volunteered to help you move (hoping it would be before your surgery) and the offer still stands! I'll help in any way. Hang in there!

Broadheads said...

Cary your looking great!! I am thinking about you guys and so so so happy that you did end up with the pace maker, I am sure I will get one too so knowing someone who has one and I can bug and bug about how it works and such will make getting one so much easier! I cant wait to hear about it all. And so happy that you are off the Michel Jackson meds! I hate the forgeting to breath stuff...no good

Willford Family said...

Cary! I am so glad you are recovering well! We are happy to help with whatever you may need! Our family has been praying for you a lot this week. Love to you!!

Bonnie Willford

Martha said...

Glad she's doing so well! You are both such troopers. I hope her recovery goes as well as the surgery.

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

LOVE YOU CB!!!!!! Thanks Keven for all the updates :)

-Rib

Mindy said...

We're so glad that everything went so smoothly with the surgery! We wish you the very best, and that you're back here being our neighbors very soon! We'll keep you in our prayers!

The Barnes Family

Sharon said...

Hey Baby Girl, You look FABULOUS!!! I think the last minute eating of junk food helped a lot :) j/k. Kev, keep doing what you're doing in taking care of your cutie and we'll hold down the home front until you get home. Pray for you every day. I'll call ya later. lots of love

mom.

Nicky Yamamoto said...

Oh Sweet Cary,

All my love to you! You are awesome!!! I've been thinking about you all week and hope you know my prayers are with you.

Romney's said...

I am so glad that everything went so well! Wahoo!! I have been thinking about you guys all week! Cary is so strong she is going to recover in no time! Love you Guys!