Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello family and friends! It's Cary here!!! I am so excited to be posting and updating about this past week!!

I feel like so much has gone on over the past week. First, we moved into our house! Yahoo!! It is SO wonderful to have a bed again! Thanks to so many friends and family who came to help us! We are so blessed! Second, we have been adjusting - or maybe I should say I have been adjusting - to life on a couch with others caring for my children, cooking my family dinner, and people doing my laundry, etc. It's not easy....but I am so grateful for all the wonderful help we have received. I really don't have the energy to do anything else anyway. My sweet children have been so patient. Hannah is very tender with me because she knows I have "hurts". She will so carefully come sit by me and hug my arm. Spencer is still trying to figure out why I won't pick him up. He runs to me often and pats my leg, which is his cue for wanting to be picked up. It's nice when people will sit him on my lap and I can love him for a little while.

I had a check up with my doctor at Primary Children's today. I expected to spend an hour or so there and it turned out being an all day event. I had to have a echocardiogram done and it was very uncomfortable. You do those tests laying on your left side but my left side has a pacemaker incision, some broken bones, etc. - you get the point. Laying on that side about did me in....but we made it! The staff up there even gave me a cute pink, flowery, fleece blanket for being so brave. :) Turned out I had a fever so they made me stay to do blood work, tests, and such to make sure there was no infection. After awhile I was worried they were not going to let me leave, but all my tests came back mostly normal. I have some fluid on my right lung, and some blood tests were a little off but not enough to keep me there. So I have to check my temperature over the next two days and if the fever doesn't go away then we must go back. As of tonight the fever was still here so keep your fingers crossed that it will go away!!

I need to take a moment to thank my sweet husband for all he is doing, has done, and is continuing to do. He is a super star! You can't even imagine all that he has taken on for our family right now. He is working full time, being a full time, single parent - as I am totally worthless right now - and is trying to run our household, etc. He is my full time nurse and caregiver. He helps me dress, washes and combs my hair, assists me in and out of bed, feeds me, makes sure I take my medicine, and does so with a smile. While we were up at Primary's today one of the nurses turned to me and said "Wow, you can tell he really takes good care of you." How correct she was! So thank you sweetie!!! I love you!!

Okay, I need to run. But I have lots more to add and many more to thank so stay posted!!!

4 comments:

Cindy Davis said...

So Miss Cary, I am Super excited to see that YOU were able to write some.You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly and I would LOVE to be there to help with things, but... Anyway, hope that your temp goes down and that you don't have anything too serious. Do whatever they tell you and that you need to do to get better Sweetie. Big hugs and loves coming your way. Take care and talk to you soon. The Davis Family

nicole chandler said...

Cary I am glad you are home. I thought I would stop by your new home yesterday and I did but it was not your home I went to someone elses and they had just moved in. I didn't have my phone with me so I will call you and get your address. I though I had it all figured out. I want to come and see you and if you need something I would love to help out. I will call you. Love you.

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

Glad you are well and that you letting people take care of YOU :) Have a great Christmas my friend!

Rib

Becky Henson said...

So good to have you back and that you're recovering. Hope that fever is down and you can enjoy a relaxing Christmas!