Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Post Op

It is 5:40 local time, and Cary has been out of surgery since about 4:00 local...which means that she was in surgery for 6 to 6 1/2 hours. Dr. Dearani (sp?) said that the surgery went "exactly as planned." He seemed a little self confident yesterday, and that was confirmed today. But he is almost universally accepted to be the best at what he does, and he proved it today. He was able to repair Cary's tricuspid valve and make her atrium smaller. He also installed a pace maker to help keep her heart rhythm regular. Everyone is optimistic that she won't need it, but Cary and I are glad it's there...just in case.
I am debating taking a couple snap shots of her with her breathing tube lying in ICU, but I think one of these days Cary will read what I've written, and I'd get in trouble. So let me just say 2 things:
1. Cary is doing great and recovering and
2. No John Doyle it wasn't breast enhancement surgery.

More tomorrow!!!!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Yay!!! Thanks for the update Kev! It is so very much appreciated. Glad to hear she is out of surgery and doing well. Love you both and we'll continue to pray for a quick recovery.
Thanks again!

nicole chandler said...

I am so glad you are keeping us up to date with what is going on. I have been thinking about you all day long. Tell Cary hi for me. We love you both. I am so glad everything went well. Can't wait to see you back home.

Paul Shields said...

Wow, that is incredible news, but we are not surprised! We couldn't be happier for you guys. We will be anxious to hear about her progress and recovery. Keep us posted. The Shields

Aubrey Doyle said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I've been thinking about Cary all day and am so happy to hear that things went well! I hope that she can recover quickly and get feeling better! We'll keep praying for her!

p.s. I'll inform John of the above information! He might be disappointed for you!

Brighton Camp said...

Kevin - yes take pictures! You never know when you might need them. Seriously, I was so glad to hear that all has gone well. Give our love to Carebear (keeping a little for yourself). We love you both!
Love Krispie and Krusty

sshields said...

Yeaaa! So happy to hear about the repair, that is awesome news! What a blessing for your family. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

sshields said...

Yeaaa! So happy to hear about the repair, that is awesome news! What a blessing for your family. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Hurricane Hansens said...

Wonderful to hear!
Take some pictures.