Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011!!

Happy 2011!! I love the New Year! I am all about the opportunity of setting new goals!!

Here are a few pictures. I have been a horrible picture taker lately so here are the simple few we have.


I wanted to document recovery a little bit. Here is a picture of me just before getting released from the hospital and above is a picture taken around Christmas. The corner spot of our sectional has become my domain. Very comfortable and offers the best, comfortable sleeping spot.


Here is the one of the newest Sunbeams!! Hannah was so excited to go to Primary and she had a wonderful time!

Our favorite little man with "bear" in hand. Spencer LOVES this bear, literally. He will not sleep without it. Whenever it is time for a nap or bed we just tell Spencer is get bear and he wil find it, insert it into his mouth, and say "nigh, night".


Me and my little man. I really miss loving my boy. This was one of those rare moments Spencer would hold still long enough so I could snuggle him on my lap, with Daddy helping lift him.

Uncle Ryan and Aunt Whitney gave Spencer this dinosaur hat for Christmas. Super cute!


A little family guitar hero. Hannah does not understand this game at all but she loves to pretend to play with her Daddy.
Life has been rolling along rather smoothly. I feel like I am getting better every day. It is SO nice to notice that difference. It is five weeks this week from surgery, only 3 more weeks of recovery mode!! I feel like my energy level is really improving, but now that my energy is returning I notice the discomfort of healing bones. I think I was too tired to notice before. I spend a lot of time using a heating pad to help with my discomfort. I still cannot sleep on my back or left side, but I am very grateful I can sleep on my right side. I feel more comfortable reaching up, which is helpful for trying to get my kids things. Next week I get to start something called Cardiac Rehab. This program is like having a a person trainer for a few weeks. I attend a special gym a few days each week where a learn stretches that will help me gain mobility and upper body strength back. I will also start walking on a treadmill to get strength back in general. I am much looking forward to this. I think it will help my prepare for life as a functioning mommy again. :)

4 comments:

Diana said...

Go Cary go!

Aleisha said...

We are so glad to hear that everything is going good and that you and your cute family have such an amazing outlook. You look great, keep up the good work!

Broadheads said...

Cary we miss you guys I am so happy recovery is going well for the most part...I know its slow and I am sure some days are better then others dont get discouraged your doing amazing! HUGS

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

yah I am glad that you are doing well. Madie had her surgery this week. She is doing well considering all the work she had done.

Keep feeling better :) love ya!