Thursday, December 9, 2010

This is the Place!



Cary and I flew home yesterday...an all day affair. Cary did a great job, but was EXHAUSTED when we reached Salt Lake City. My mom, grandma, and Hannah met us at the airport. Hannah was so cute, and gave her mommy a kiss on the cheek to help her feel better. I think it worked. The normally strong Cary cried a little bit.

Then, when we came home, we helped Cary into the house to another surprise. Some kind, awesome, AMAZING friends, who refuse to tell us who they are, gave us this...
A Heart Christmas Tree...with gifts for Hannah, Spencer, Mommy and Daddy. It was so touching, so kind and generous...so much more than I can explain. I'm not sure if it helped mend broken hearts or tore mine right out of my chest...I think the Wall Family has just adopted a new tradition. Thank you to whoever you are. Christmas will never be the same for us.

We also got some beautiful flowers from our kind friends at Wasatch Drywall and Paint. Aren't they awesome!
Today has been crazy. I think our kids have had way too much fun while we were away, and we had some tired children all day today. So, mom, Hannah and Spencer are now all in bed...and I'm left watching the news:) Cary is getting some sleep, which is nice. She gets uncomfortable mostly because she's on her back all day long. Her appetite is not 100% back yet either. She is usually able to eat about 5 or so mini meals a day...to go along with her medication schedule. She told me today that her taste buds are whacked out. She wanted to eat chili at about 8:30 tonight (which is weird by itself) and after about 3 bites she let me know that the chili tasted like ladies perfume. What can I say to that? So I asked "which one?" What I want to know is why is she tasting women's perfume to begin with?

We continue to see progress every day, and are continually thankful to everyone's help and concern. We have better friends than we deserve. Good night!

6 comments:

Hurricane Hansens said...

Welcome Home! So glad you guys made it back safe. Sleep and eat!

As for the chili thing. Taste buds are just weird. And your comments were hilarious! I don't care for licorice because when I was pregnant it tasted like pennies. Maybe I ate change as a child. ?

Aubrey Doyle said...

I am so glad you guys are home! I'm sure it was a beautiful reunion with Spence and Hannah! I'm glad Cary is improving each day and hope she continues to heal quickly!

I love the heart tree! You guys have such nice thoughtful friends because you are so nice and thoughtful! (I only wish I could claim the heart tree gift as mine, but now I'm curious about who it was from)!

FAB SIX said...

welcome home, it is so good to hear/read the updates about cary. tons of love and we will see you soon. remember if you need anything please let us know.

love!!
aunt collette and uncle todd

Broadheads said...

Love you guys so happy your home and in your home! What a sweet heart tree so thoughtful!!! Get feeling better Cary let know if you need anything!

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

Welcome Home CB !! Looking forward to seeing you after you have your strength back....which knowing you won't be to long :)

love ya girl!

Cindy Davis said...

I am SO glad that you guys are into your new home! What a neat thing to have someone give you--a HEART Tree for Christmas! This is definitely a year that you will always remember for so many reasons!
Be patient with yourself, Cary.You are doing so good, but don't over do, OK? Everyone wants to help, and it will be good to let them. SO wish I could be there to help!
Hugs and luvs to you, Keven, Hannah, and Spencer as you get back into family life again and as you go through this Holiday time. We love you guys tons and are happy for you. Take care, Cindy