Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Gig is up!

Well...Cary was well enough today to read my blog posts!!! Uh oh! She said I need to "give more details." Here goes.

This morning Cary had an echo. It looked great. What they look for is back flow from the atrium back into the venticle. They call it regurgitation. The cardiologist said that there was almost none! That was the last bit of information to prove that Cary's surgery was a great success. Cary and I were super excited to learn that.

Also...Cary started eating real food late last night. Technically it was 1 saltine cracker and a couple bites of "ice cream." Today she ate parts of breakfast and lunch and...(this is the funniest)...part of a reeces miniature cup.

The doctor's anticipate that we will be discharged on Monday. We have booked our flights to come home on Wednesday evening. It's been a great experience being here at the Mayo Clinic. Everyone has been great. Especially our doctors, Dearani, Cannon, and Cetta. Also, Andrea and Eric Cannon have been awesome! I have to admit Brighton girls are the best. Besides being our shuttle, restaurant and laundromat, they also visited and brought COOKIES!

Also, it snowed here.

6 comments:

nicole chandler said...

You look great Cary. Can't wait until you are home. I will call you so I can come and visit when you are feeling up to it. We love you and are so happy everything has gone wonderfully.

sshields said...

Whewww! Great news once again! Chocolate is a food group all its own I understand, so if the doc says eat some solids, I'd go for chocolate too! We couldn't be happier for you and your amazing surgery and recovery!

Megan said...

I am so glad that everything has gone so well and that you will coming home earlier than expected.

Spencer family said...

That is such great news! I'm so glad that you are doing so well! Oh how I felt for you when you didn't want that breathing tube in anymore. I had to watch Mark and my Dad on one of those and they both just hated it! Glad the eating is going well. Please know that our family is praying for you!

Hurricane Hansens said...

Excellent!
You're looking very good young lady.
Yeah, us Brighton girls ROCK. And CB can do anything because she worked there!! Cleo

Jamie said...

I love you mommy!! Love, your Hannah
This message brought to you via Leskos :)