Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wow! It's been awhile! What's up with the Wall's? Everything and nothing at the same time. We always seem to be busy, but life has mellowed out over the past few months -- which is great!! We were able to get a second car so I have my own vehicle again! That has been great! It has been awesome to have the freedom to go whenever I would like. I really had missed that. We got a little Nissan X-Terra, perfect for a family of four. I am feeling LOTS better! My energy level is good and I enjoy doing whatever I please! I don't go see my cardiologist again until June. I am fully done with cardiac rehab, have been more over a month. I was let go with flying colors and am enjoying exercising on my own again. I am anxious to get out and do some hiking. I love a good stroll in the outdoors! Life is taking on a more normal routine again. I feel like the past 9 months we have been living in this crazy survival mode....but now we are all feeling great and enjoying life to the fullest! Keven is busy at work. Business seems to be good, even in this down economy. Hannah is enjoying her dance lessons, playing outside, and looking forward to preschool. She asks me about school all the time and doesn't like it that she has to wait until the end of summer. She just turned 4 and informed us on her birthday that she was getting old and needed to get married. ??!! How random! We told her she needed to get A LOT older before she could start thinking about that.:) Spencer is talking so much, saying anything and everything! He has finally started saying yes. He has loved the word no for so long. Yes is a wonderful change. Spencer will turn 2 in May, how the time flies! And me? I am busy being a Mom -- my favorite job. I also have recently acquired a new job with Intermountain Health Care. I used to work for them long ago and decided it was time to go back. With Keven being self-employed we needed health insurance. What a crazy issue health insurance is, but people like me sure cannot go without it. We have a health insurance policy now but it expires at the end of the year. With Obama's new health regulations we cannot be denied insurance but it also means we can only get health insurance for truckload of money and the benefits are not good. Anyway, I have once again been reminded that the Lord loves us and knows what we need. I found a job that was perfect for our family! It also allows me to use my previous health experience and B.S. degree, and most of all -- it is super flexible! So I work part time, about 20 hours a week. I can work whenever I want. I work in the employee health department managing two respiratory programs. I really enjoy what I do and am incredibly grateful to have been able to obtain a job with benefits. I typically work Tuesday and Thursday. Keven is able to work from home those two days so he can be with our kids. It is just worked out perfectly. Yahoo for this wonderful springtime! Warmer weather! New Flowers! Easter! Outdoor activities! I am excited!

3 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

I was getting worried, it had been to long for an update. So happy to know that you are doing well CB.

Oh, insurance......don't get me started :) Amen to what you posted. Ours has changed so much that it has forced a new job search in our home.

Love ya and hope to run into you on a Brighton trail this summer :)

Hurricane Hansens said...

Happy to hear your doing so well.

I would love to go on a hike with you! We could take our cute kids.

And insurance. oh insurance. All our boys have pre-existing conditions and it has been ugly over the past couple years.

Love You!!

Becky Henson said...

So glad you are liking your new job and things have turned out so well! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. :)