Monday, February 14, 2011

My mind continues to be amazed at the medical technology we have. Last week I saw a pediatric cardiologist that specializes in pacemakers. Her and her staff were able to change the settings on my pacemaker and check it out. What is amazing about this is that it is the simpliest thing ever! They put a little mouse over the spot where my pacemaker sits and from there this little mouse is able to communicate with a computer that can then change settings on the pacemaker, print data of when the pacemaker is typically needing to work, and they can also tell how long the pacemaker battery will last. Truly amazing! I am continually amazed and impressed! Anyway, they said my pacemaker is working in a beautiful fashion. It only functions about 20% of the time, which is very low amount for most pacemaker patients. The doctor kept telling me how healthy I looked and how everything is looking wonderful - I love hearing that stuff.:)

It is so nice to have this surgery behind us and now my family and I can move forward in a positive manner. It is so nice to play with my kids and have energy to do all that is needed of me. My doctors tell me I should continue to notice my energy increasing. Love that. I am anxious for spring and summer so I can go back to my other love -- the mountains....... :)

We are planning to get a second car either this weekend or next weekend and I am super excited about that! I haven't had my own car since last August! I feel like getting a second car is the final step towards recovery and freedom!

Keven and I just got called to be the 11 year old scout leaders in our ward. I have never been involved in scouts so I am really excited to learn more about this program. I am really excited to do this with Keven, excited to help the boys, and excited to do campouts! Keven and I had the opportunity to be a Ma & Pa on trek this past summer and we had such an amazing, spiritual experience. We look forward to teaching & helping the youth again.

Hannah and Spencer are growing so big. I recognize that my babies are not babies anymore. Hannah will be four in just a few weeks and Spencer will be two in May. Spencer has started speaking in sentences and Hannah has started talking about going to school. Hannah asked me if she could go to school soon because she can't wait! I hope she keeps that attitude when she gets into school! Hannah is taking dance lessons and absolutely loves them! She is always asking if it is "dance day" yet. I was able to go see her class last week and it was hilarious! Hannah tries so hard to follow the teacher and learn the dances. I was so proud watching her!

Happy Valentines Day! The next time I post I should be the driver of my own car! I feel like I am 16 again waiting for my license :)

4 comments:

Cindy Davis said...

Hey Cary Girl! What awonderful post on Valentine's Day ( focusing on the positives of that day and the positive things in your life right now) I know it is important to remember that Gr.Paget passed away on the 13th and Aunt Carol Ann on the 14th and we do remember their lives and the love they had for all of us, but I know they would want us to remember all of the family right now and the love we should be showing for each other. So many things happenning for everyone.
I am SOO.... glad for your great reports health-wise and for the opportunity for you to get a second car and be able to drive again! I am looking forward to being able to come and visit you and your Mom in March( I need to call you and set that up) Kayd, Zach, and I are going to try and do a Utah/Idaho trip and see some people. March 11th-16th still planning details and such.
I am also grateful that you were able to be with your Mom at the Dr.s appointment where she received her news. I think she was happy to have someone else with her, also. I am glad that we now know what is wrong and praying that she will respond in a positive way to the meds/Chemo and be able to get better. I know it isn't going away and that she will have to be on meds and careful about infections, etc. for the rest of her life,but that is better than an instant sentence. This next 6 months or so should be a good indicator of things.
Sending love to you and Keven and kids and thanking you for just being you! Hugs, Aunt Cindy

Broadheads said...

Cary, so happy to hear about things going well. Every Valentines I get to celebrate my open heart sugery (not kidding thats the day I had sugery) Its such a great reminder for me.

So happy to hear the pacemaker is doing what it is supposed to!!!

Did Keven tell you we are drywalling tomorrow? You guys should come see it. I know its a ways away for you but we would love to see you! How is the house? are you loving it...talk to you soon!

Becky Henson said...

Truly incredible about the pacemaker technology - I had no idea they could do that with the mouse! So glad to hear that you're continually improving - hopefully you have your own car by now too. ;) Can't wait to get together with everyone soon!

Chelsea Lee said...

Hey Cary, It is great to hear everything is going so well. You are so Awesome.

I'm missing the Mountains for sure. We should plan a camp out with our families.

What car did you end up getting?

Thinking of you. Talk to you soon.