Friday, January 21, 2011

Here I am in a quiet house. One child sleeping, the other playing at a friends. These are the only times I get a quick change to blog. I am always amazed at people who seems to be doing everything on so many different internet fronts - facebook, blogs, emails, searching the web, etc. How do they do it all? I surely cannot. But I am completely okay with that.

Things are good here at the Wall home and in heart surgery recovery zone. We are at 7 weeks post surgery. Once we hit the 8 week mark things will really return to more normal. The 8 week mark in next Thursday!!! How exciting! I am looking forward to picking up Spencer and giving him a HUGE love! He will probably get sick of me, but these loves are long overdue!

Cardiac Rehab is going great! I am able to walk for 30 minutes on the treadmill at high grade. They have me doing stretches to help build upper body strength. I can tell they are working because I am able to do much more than before. It feels so great to feel my body healing and gaining energy I lacked before my surgery. My doctors said that I should have more energy and ability than I have had for years -- that is very exciting to me! I love to hike so I am anxious to hit the trails this summer.

Now that I am feeling better I have started thinking about future activites. I like being able to focus on some of these fun things like putting in our yard, watching Hannah's dance class, being able to cook dinner for my family, getting to know our new neighbors, etc. Good times.

Thanks again to all those who continue to offer us support. I have amazing friends who have been such a big help in taking care of my children and helping our house function. My friend Ritz, a.k.a Martha who is a special friend from Brighton Girls Camp days, drove all the way from Springville to spend the day helping me. And she is doing it again next week! And Yeehaw, a.k.a Michelle, has picked up my kids and taken them to play at her house every Friday this month to lend us a hand. My dear friend and neighbor, Becca Sorenson, has taken my kids most Tuesdays and Thursdays. She also a pro at helping me get Spencer into his crib. For Emily, Angie, Elaine, and Allyson! They have all come to spend the day at my house cleaning, doing laundry, etc. I sure love all these ladies dearly and am SO grateful for their sacrifices in helping my family!!

I loved seeing some of my old young women this week who came to visit - thanks for the cookies! And thanks to my wonderful Aunt Cindy who always leaves me the sweetest messages.

I am already looking forward to next week's post when I get say I have hit the 8 week mark! I am anxious to jump back on the bandwagon! :)

5 comments:

Cindy Davis said...

Hey Sweet Cary Girl,
What a great update on Friday! You can hear the renewed energy and enthusiasm in your writing. I am SOOO happy for you that you are making progress and healing. It is a credit to you and the effort you are making in cardiac rehab. It is also great that everyone has wanted so much to be a help to you guys. That is also because you have always been such a great help and good friend to others.
We will keep praying for continued healing and patience as you go forward and send BIG hugs to you all. I need to call and catch up. When is a good time, as far as your schedule goes? Also, I might be making a quick stop in Utah (mid March)so we will have to work out a visit.
Take care and know we love you tons! Cindy, Duane, and Camden

Aubrey Doyle said...

Cary, I am so excited for you! It sounds like things are going so well for you! I am glad that you are healing so well and can see the light at the end of the tunnel! You're an amazing person! I miss you!

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

I am SO HAPPY to hear that you are doing so well friend. I am SO SORRY I have not been any help to you though :( We've had our own surgery recovery going on in our place. Hopefully we can catch up sometime soon!

Love ya, Rib

Tay and Jen said...

Care Bear Cary,
I had no idea any of this was happening. I guess that's what happens when you can't access blogs often...
You are such a wonderful person and I am so glad you are healing well!
You are always so positive, and such a sweetheart and I'm so glad you are doing well!!!!
I love ya!

Martha said...

I loved hanging out with you! I wish I were closer, but let's play again soon.