Monday, November 29, 2010

On Our Way!

We are on our way! I was a little concerned we wouldn't make it out, just driving to the airport was wild! But we did make it out of Salt Lake this morning and are now in Denver. Our next flight to Minneapolis was supposed to leave around 2 but has been delayed to 3 so I thought would take the 3 hour layover to update the blog!

The past few days have been very touching. We continue to be strenghened and uplifted by the kindness of family and friends. How blessed we are!

We had the opportunity to fast with our family on Sunday. Being together with both sides of our family was wonderful. Keven, with help from other family priesthood holders, gave me a blessing. I don't remember a lot of what was said but I do remember how I felt -- love and peace. Thank you to our family for joining us in this and thank you to others who also participated.

We spent Sunday night at Grandpa Martin's viewing. Grandpa looked SO peaceful! We are glad his suffering is over! We are sad to miss the funeral today but are sending prayers to our family there.

Hannah went home to cousin Maleia's house after the viewing. She was SO excited to go! She was out the door, in the car, and buckled up before we got the chance to say goodbye. Silly girl! We are very glad she was excited to be where she was, it sure makes it a lot easier to leave. Jamie texted us last night saying that Hannah and Maleia were laughing and giggling in Maleia's room as they went to sleep. How sweet! Thanks to Jamie and Sean for taking our Hannah!

We parted with Spencer this morning. Keven's parents drove us to the airport and Spencer came too. I think he was getting tired of my kisses as we drove, but I wanted to get in all the love I could give to my boy. Spencer is staying with cousins Madison and Lily. They are such cute girls and have been so excited to have him over! Madison has been asking me for the last week if Spencer could just come home with them then. :) Thanks Ryan and Whitney for taking our Spencer!

Tonight we are being picked up at the Minneapolis Airport by my friend Andrea (a.k.a Tibet!). Her husband is doing his residency at the Mayo Clinic so when they heard we were coming out they offered to help us out. We truly appreciate their generosity!

Tomorrow morning we start a full day of testing/appointments at the Mayo Clinic. Bloodwork at 6:45 a.m., followed by echocardiograms, mri, ekg, consultations, etc. We will post again tommorrow night after we know more details about surgery and our plans. We are scheduled to have surgery Wednesday morning but we should know all final details after our visit tomorrow.

Wish us luck for a successful flight out of Denver!

8 comments:

Thierry said...

Hey there Cary!
You are in my prayers as well! I have always looked up to you so much and know if anyone is strong enough to do this, it's you!
I hope everything goes well and that you can get home to your cute kids soon!
LOVE,
-Thierry

Cindy Davis said...

Yea for modern technology that allows us to keep in touch! So glad to see your first post and update. You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we were SO glad to be able to participate in fasting and prayer for you yesterday! I was so glad to visit with you Cary, and find out things. This whole process has been amazing to hear about and we feel good about your outcome. We look forward to hearing more as you go forward. Luvs and hugs, Cindy and Duane

Martha said...

I'm glad your plane was able to leave--I was wondering about that. Good luck with all the tests tomorrow!

anniejoneslarsen said...

Thinking of you cute Cary Ann! My prayers and thought are with you and your family. You are wonderful and still inspire me even though it has been So long since we have seen each other!

Hurricane Hansens said...

Families can be such a blessing! So glad you have a great support system to help you emotionally and with the kiddos. How fun to see Tibet!
Love and Prayers,
Cleo

kerry said...

Sweet Carebear!
You are in our prayers and this Marshall family will be grateful to be fasting tomorrow. Couldn't love you more if you were my own!
Much love and many prayers,
Zimmy

nicole chandler said...

Cary,I love you. Everything will go awesome. I can't wait to come see you when you get home and see your wonderful new home. You are in our prayers.

Paul Shields said...

Cary, we hope everything went well today. No doubt it did. It is alot of information to take in in a short period. Isn't modern medicine such and miracle, and a blessing. You will be in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow and throughout your recovery. May the Lord be with you, and attend to you and your loved ones. Please give our best to Dr. Dearani. You are in good hands.

Love, the Shields