Monday, November 15, 2010

Going Public...

No pictures of the house today. I need to put new pictures up, everything is almost finished! We should be moving in this weekend or right before Thanksgiving sometime......we hope :)
Today I am going public :) Going public about something that has been going on in our little family. It's a long story, but I will try to sum it up quickly.
I am going in for heart surgery. The surgery will in December 1st. The surgery will be done in Minnesota, at the Mayo Clinic. We leave to go there Monday, November 29th. We will be there for a couple of weeks. We plan to be home for Christmas unless anything crazy happens.
I was born with a heart defect called Ebstein's Anomaly. This defect causes the tricuspid valve of your heart to be in the wrong place and the valve is disfunctional. A couple of months ago I developed a problem with an irregular heart rhythm. This lead to the decision that it was time to do some work on my heart defect.
This heart defect is very rare. In the past there has not been a great solution for fixing it. But there is now a new surgery out for people such as myself. It is called the cone procedure. This is an open-heart surgery in which they use your own heart tissue to reform the bad valve into a cone. The cone shape helps funnel blood into the correct places. This surgery is still very new but very successful. We will be having it done by one of the most experienced men in the country, Dr. Joseph Dearani.
They entire process of discovering I had a irregular rhythm to finding a new cardiologist to discovering I needed heart surgery to going to the Mayo Clinic has been a very spiritual process. We know the Lord has been with us and believe He will continue to be with us.
We plan to help keep family and friends updated about our surgery on this blog so there may be a lot of crazy things appearing here soon.
We would love any prayers that could be sent in our direction. We have felt the prayers of our family as we have proceeded this far and would love any extra support we can get. :)

13 comments:

Jentry said...

Sweet thing! Good luck. You will be in our prayers.

Heather said...

Cary, I have been thinking about you often ever since I had heard this news from Becca. I'm glad you feel peace in this decision. We will keep you in our prayers as you go forward!

theminerfamily said...

Wow Carebear! I will definetly be praying for you! I know the Mayo clinic is amazing and I wish you all the best!

kerry said...

Sweet Carebear...you have been in my prayers and on the prayer roll at the Portland Temple for a few weeks now. Your name will stay in this temple until you can hike the A&B again! Our thoughts and prayers and love are with you and your sweet family. You go girl! Love you!!!!!
Zimmy

Hurricane Hansens said...

Wow! The memories of the first time around are flooding my mind right now. You and your family will be in our prayers. Promise there will be updates through it all!!

Congrats on being so close to moving in! Happy side- you can leave all the unpacking and organizing to friends and family :)

Diana said...

I'll be praying for you and for the surgical and medical personnel that will be assisting with your procedure and that you only have the best outcome possible. No doubt you will be in good hands. God bless!

Beth Clayton said...

I'll be praying for you. You are wonderful and glad you have felt peace with this. Loves!

Anonymous said...

Carebear! Im so sorry hun! You will be in my prayers! Hugs!!
and Ps How awesome is your house!!! Love it!! :)

Unknown said...

Good luck, CB!

Heart surgery is totally scary, but you'll do great!

Andrew and Ariel said...

Thank you for posting so we could all add our faith and prayers to yours!
We'll put your name in the DC Temple, so you'll feel the support from east to west!
-Indi

wade said...

Best wishes to you and your family. You are one strong chica and have no doubt that things will go well.

Wade

Lindsay said...

I remember visiting you in the hospital after your last heart surgery. You have always been such a strong person! I hope everything goes perfectly, you deserve it!

Congrats on your new home, it's looking gorgeous!

I can't remember if I invited you to my blog since we made it private, if not email me - lspencer1127@gmail.com

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

You know I love ya!!! Your name is in the Bountiful Temple too!

HUgs my friend!