Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ironic

Alright, here is my rambling story. I find it SO ironic!

So, I have been raving about how this delivery has been a breeze compared to our first delivery. It really has for the most part, but the past two weeks have given me a run for my money. This is why.


#1 - Last week my sweet husband got me a used elliptical machine for my birthday. I was very excited, because as most women can attest, the weight with the second baby does not come off as fast as the first. I have been very anxious to start exercising because I would love to be able to wear my clothes again! Anyway, I technically should probably not be exercising at this point in my recovery but I guess I felt rules don't apply to those such as myself. So while using the exercise machine for the first time a screw came loose and I went crash. No fun. Totally sprained my ankle, but really am lucky it wasn't worse. Needless to say, I have stopped using the exercise machine. My sprained ankle is doing lots better. When I first hurt it I couldn't even walk! I was super scared because I couldn't imagine trying to care for a newborn and 2 year old on crutches. Luckily after a few hours I was able to limp around on it. Since then it has gotten better every day. You probably wouldn't even notice I hurt it if you saw me now. And as a kind friend said, maybe I got thrown off the machine to save me from getting myself hurt worse since I really should not be exercising anyway.


#2 - Monday night I started feeling funky. Tuesday I didn't eat because I felt weird. By Tuesday evening flu had set it like crazy! Seriously, I don't think I have ever had the flu this bad. Nursing and not holding down food for a few days is not a good combination. But hopefully I am now on the mend. I did get checked for swine flu and I am negative. Thank goodness! And thank goodness for IV's that can put fluid into you when you can't do it yourself!

Last night Keven and I were talking about how crazy the past two weeks have been, and I find it quite ironic. I truly had felt this delivery recovery had been too easy, I have felt so great! Especially for having a c-section........but I guess you never know what is waiting around the corner.

Hopefully there are no more health adventures awaiting us. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

5 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

So sorry CB! Call me if you need me to take Hannah.....PLEASE, I'd love to help :)

Take care Friend!

Andrew and Ariel said...

Oh that's a big bummer! Hope you're all better!
-Indi

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Oh my Cary I didn't know any of this! That sounds miserable-- having the flu and trying to care for 2 little kids! NO FUN!

nicole chandler said...

I hope all is going well, I missed seeing you at girls night out and to celebrate your birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day! I need to come and visit, I will call you soon,
take care of yourself and your sweet family,
love ya,
Nicole and fam

Lindsay said...

Your new little Spencer is so dang cute! I'm glad I found your blog, I just started one @ fourhappy spencers.blogspot.com Check us out.
Love Blossom
Do you have Pebbles email? Can you send it to me lspencer1127@gmail.com