Monday, June 2, 2008

JUNE..how nice!!

Hello fun friends!! IT'S JUNE!!! What a great month!

I am so glad for summer! The mountains truly call me to during this time of year as I am anxious to hike and spend time with the mountain trails I love!

Life is good! Our little family has come to a new crossroad as Keven has accepted a new position with Standard Dry Wall. He has been working for Superior Insulation for the past 2 years and he has loved it. Just a few weeks ago he had someone approach him about a new position with SDI. We weren't looking for a new job but this new job offer will be such a great opportunity that we are very excited for the new experiences it will provide. Yahoo for Keven! And Yahoo for wonderful growing experiences!!

Because of certain circumstances Keven has the next two weeks with paid time off so Hannah and I are loving having lots of Daddy/Hubby time!! We plan to play, get projects done, and have a fun trip to Park City!

Another reason I love June is for the great season of Garage Sales!!! You may think that is silly, but let me tell you -- Garage Sales are AWESOME!! I have found some amazing things for incredible prices! This weekend is the opening season for me as I am going to attend a huge garage sale in the area! Yahoo! I am on the lookout for outside playgear, a child hiking pack, kid books, and possibly some patio furniture. Wish me luck!

Here are a few random pictures of Hannah from the past few weeks. That girl is SO great! She just cracks me up!











This is how I find her reading. on the floor with the book in the air. Love it! Have I mentioned Hannah loves to read?? This last picture shows Hannah with her purse, jewelry, and pretend cell phone. Thank you to Emily Holbrook for getting Hannah into such girly things!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Did someone say Yard Sale? Come to ours...see my blog. I have a child backpack...brand new...that may be there just for you.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hey good luck Keven with your new job, that is so exciting! I hope June is great for your cute litte family. Good luck with all your yard/garage sales.

Jen said...

Just an FYI - the best child backpack we have found is the REI brand one. We bought one for Chloe on Craigslist (in San Fran since there weren't any here) and loved it so much we found and bought a second one to replace Morgan's. Watch out for that one at the garage sales - you will be glad you did! Congrats on the new job - so exciting!

Adri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adri said...

Hi Cary and Keven! I found your blog from Tristy's new blog! What a cute family! I can't believe we are all grown up! Hannah is adorable!

Ireland Fam said...

I saw a guy in my church the other Sunday and I thought it was Keven. I got excited and then I was like, "I'm in Houston. That can't be Keven." It made me realize how much I miss you guys. This blogspot is great. Thanks for the updates. It would be great to catch up sometime.

kim said...

Hey Carebear and Cheerz!! Wow, your little girl looks so much like you, Carebear! I just can't get over it. What a good time in life!! Congrats Cheerz on the new job!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Garage sales?? Thats sweet. I might tag along, you'll have to show me the art of finding a good deal!

Kim Davis said...

I love the pictures of Hannah. Bree loves to carry around purses and pretend talk on our cell phones too!

Brekke said...

girly girls ROCK! I have one too. Check us out at: sjutterblog.blogspot.com

Brekke

Becca said...

LOL. I love it! Girls will be girls.

Becky Henson said...

How cute! I often wonder how our little girl will be - sporty, girly, who knows? I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen you guys because Hannah seems SO grown up already. What a doll! By the way, we're definitely in the market for all sorts of great baby furniture and stuff so I'm going to have to join the yard sale bandwagon.