Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hannah's Happenings

Hooray for Hannah's latest Happenings!
I apologize, as this post will be completely about Hannah and her newest adventures!

First, Hannah had her first official haircut! Her hair was getting quite long so we decided it was time for a trim. Here is the before picture.


And here we are after!


Daddy did a great job holding Hannah in place and a movie did a great job of keeping her somewhat entertained. We took off a few inches. I was the bold and daring hair cutter, who very much appreciates the encouragement I got from family and friends. It wasn't as hard as I thought and it turned out great!


Second, Hannah is potty trained!!! A couple of weeks ago she decided she didn't like wearing diapers. She started taking them off more and more and we didn't want to press her to keep wearing diapers so we took the plunge into potty training.
The first few days were pretty rough but then it suddenly clicked and since then things have been great! I am still in shock over how quickly she caught on and how well she has done. I truly was expecting it to be more difficult. She has had a few accidents but besides that she is doing fabulous!
Hannah loves her big girl underwear and sports just them continually.

These last few pictures show one of Hannah's newest interests. She loves to color! We have tried to drill down the fact that coloring only occurs on paper, but that hasn't quite sunk in.
One day we came in to find her decorating herself and our bedspread in black pen. And the pictures do not do justice to the job she did. She was covered in black ink! So were our bedspread and pillowcases.
Keven and I were shocked to silence. We first took pictures, laughed, and then tried to once again drill down the "no pens" rule we have. Gotta love it! Our bedspread will now have a new design made from the love and artistic ability of Hannah!

12 comments:

M said...

Your little girl is so cute, Carebear. And I'm sorry about the pen drawings! Eeek! I'm not looking forward to that happening when my baby boy gets older.

-Kindle

Jen said...

Yay for Hannah! What potty training method did you use? We are in the process with Chloe and the one day thing I did with Morgan is not working as well with her. I am studying up on other methods and would love to know what you did since our girls are about the same age.

Kim Davis said...

Great haircut Carrie. Bree needs one too. Maybe I'll just bring her down to you since I am too chicken. Congrats on the potty training, Hannah. What a girl!

Whitneymwall said...

The pen thing is so funny because just yesterday I found Lily doing just exactly the same thing!
Yay-Horray you did it on two accounts the hair cut and potty training!! I can hardly wait to not have any more diapers at our house! Hannah's hair looks great!

Tay and Jen said...

Ahhhh, I bet you'll love that penned over comforter one day...What a cutie!

Bart said...

Quelle artiste!

Becky Henson said...

Loved seeing her new haircut. Wow, she has such beautiful, curly hair...just like her mom! It's always so fun to hear how things are going. Hannah is such a happy, sweet girl. Awesome that she's done so well with potty training.

Leah and Daniel said...

A true artist! I can't believe how big she is getting and how long her hair was!! So cute!

Pistolmom said...

I ran across your blog via my sister "Rowberry's". We would like to invite you to read ours:
www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com

FAB SIX said...

Great job on the hair cut. Congrats Hannah on your potty success. Girls are sooo easy to potty train :)

Sorry about the pen drawings. Hopefully she will just color on paper soon!

Meg said...

Oh that little girl of yours is a doll! I love that hair. In case you don't want your comforter covered in pen anymore... spray it with hairspray. Let it soak in a bit and then wash it in the washer. Works like a charm.

P.s. I changed my blog address to megsnest.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

What a sweet girl! Love the new do' and POTTY TRAINED?!! Just in time for baby...can't think of anything better.